Friday, October 21, 2005

Ideas and Social Institutions

Education, religion, the family, business, and government are all carriers of ideas. Some of those ideas are good and some are not so good. The next series of posts will be about the ways ideas are spread through society by those five major social institutions. I'll also note some of the ways that ideas shape those institutions. I'll continue to focus on social pollution, meaning that you'll also be reading about lifestyle choices, beliefs, and attitudes.

Oh, and I'll try to keep things concrete. Maybe reality will accomodate and produce some juicy news to blab about.

Next time I'll be saying a few things about the ideas being spread by our educational system. Sex ed and intelligent design will both come up. I know you can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory